Traveling with the family can be exciting, until your wallet runs out of cash. So how can we enjoy a family vacation while not giving our wallet a heart attack at the same time? Worry no more because you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re giving you 6 tips to follow to save money while traveling with your family. Let’s dive in!
Only Book with Family Vacation Experts
- Planning family vacations on your own can be a chore, and most probably, a wallet killer. Instead, book your family vacation with “Get Away Today”. They can offer you a lot of budget deals that your family can afford. They don’t only have the best prices, but they also have the best customer service which can help you plan your family getaway without killing your wallet. Get Away Today knows how to do it right especially for large families.
Research Hotel Deals
- It’s important to do research on the best hotel deals when planning for a vacation. You have to look out for the best prices and layout that your family can benefit with. There may be times where a family with more than 4 to 5 members will need to book 2 hotel rooms just to fit all of them up. Wrong! There are a lot of hotels that offer rooms that can even fit 8 people or so. But keep in mind that they don’t come in cheap. So make sure to do your research first before deciding where your whole family can stay.
Look Out for Freebies
- To get the most out of your vacation, always keep an eye of freebies while selecting your deals. Does your hotel serve free breakfast? If not, then find another one. If you found one, make sure to call the hotel and ask what kind of breakfast do they serve and see it it’s worth it or not. With “Get Away Today”, you can have awesome deals such as hotels with free breakfast and free or reduce parking fees. Having free breakfast and reduced parking fees can save you money.
- Also, don’t forget to bring your membership cards with you. Membership cards such as museum cards has a ASTC Travel Passport program included. Which means you can get in for free or gain deep discounts to selected museums across the country. Zoos and Amusement parks also do the same thing so make sure to check their local websites before going. It’ll save you a huge amount of cash.
Save More with Road Trips
- It’s ok to take the plane if you want to go on vacation since it can save you hours or even days than taking the road. But if you really want to save that hard-earned cash, then driving is your best bet. Road trips are also fun and a great way to bond with your family which adds to the vacation experience. There are plenty of ways to keep everyone entertained on the road. Bring plenty of books, travel kits, movies, games to keep everyone occupied and entertained at the same time. Also, don’t forget to bring in your favorite snacks and share it with everyone.
Bring Your Own Food
- In order to save a ton of cash, it’s better to bring your own food. If you choose to follow the fourth tip above, bring easy-to-prepare meals and snacks such as sandwiches, tortilla wraps, veggies, fruits, granola bars, etc. Some hotels offer kitchens where you can cook food so it’s better to bring some cooking ingredients too. There are also hotels that offer complimentary grocery shopping while you’re away. Just give your grocery list to them and they’ll do the rest. Also, don’t forget to share meals with your family. Most meals that are purchased outside can be shared with two or three people.
Control Your Inner Souvenir Collector
- One of the reason why our wallet becomes empty is because we like to buy every souvenir we can get at a city’s local shop. Off course there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s important to choose wisely and leave something for yourself too. “Vacay Bucks” is here to help you with that. With Vacay Bucks, you can set your budget then give your children the chance to earn a certain amount of Vacay Bucks before the trip. What they earn is what they can spend, and once they spend this, it’s gone forever. This will teach them to manage their money wisely and only buy souvenir that’s worth getting.